The Shared Table
Hispanic Heritage Month
Yuca Buns (Pan de Yuca)By Ingrid Hoffmann
What will you need
- 1 cup tapioca flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup half & half
Step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350° Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, grease the foil with vegetable cooking spray, and set aside.
- Whisk the tapioca flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and egg yolks. Once the dough forms a ball, turn it out onto a lightly floured board and knead it with your hands until the dough is smooth, evenly textured and not sticky. If the dough doesn’t come together or seems too stiff to knead, then add more cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it comes together and is supple.
- Divide the dough into 16 even pieces and shape them into little balls. Place them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the rolls are pale gold (not browned), 15 to 17 minutes (they will still be tender and soft). Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes and serve while still warm.
- Yields 16 buns
Pair it withOur
Fresh & Sophisticated
BRUT ROSÉ D.O. CAVA
Our Brut Rosé is a perfect example of what a Cava Rosado should be like, with its intense fruitiness on both nose and palate, its lively colour and its finesse.