Welcome to the
What you willNeed
- 14 oz clams
- 14 oz monkfish loins
- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 7 oz of white wine
- 4 saffron strands
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 2 pints of fish soup
- 7 oz green peas
- Olive oil
Pair it withOur
Complex, elegant & versatile
Fruitiness, freshness and complexity are the three principal defining characteristics of Segura Viudas Brut Reserva.
Step by step
- Soak the clams soak in cold salted water for 30 minutes to release any sand they may contain.
- Cut the monkfish loin into large cubes and cool them in the fridge.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and chop them into regular pieces. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Wash and clean the peppers, removing seeds and white filaments; and cut them in small pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes, and chop or grate them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot, add the onion and peppers, and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, cook it for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the sweet paprika and the saffron threads. Stir in the tomato and cook over medium heat until the water evaporates, and a thick sauce remains.
- Add the potatoes and the white wine, stir and let the wine reduce to about half.
- Add the hot broth and the peas, salt, and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the pieces of monkfish and washed clams to the pot and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.